Irregular Verbs Past Simple


Irregular Verbs Past Simple

Make the past simple: 

  1. She _________________ (bring) some chocolates to the party. 
  2. I _________________ (hear) a new song on the radio.
  3. I _________________ (read) three books last week. 
  4.  They _________________ (speak) French to the waitress. 
  5.  He _________________ (understand) during the class, but now he doesn't 
  6. understand. 
  7.  I _________________ (forget) to buy some milk. 
  8. She _________________ (have) a baby in June. 
  9. You _________________ (lose) your keys last week. 
  10.  They _________________ (swim) 500m. 
  11.  I _________________ (give) my mother a CD for Christmas. 
  12.  At the age of 23, she _________________ (become) a doctor. 
  13.  I _________________ (know) the answer yesterday. 
  14.  He _________________ (tell) me that he lived in Toronto. 
  15.  We _________________ (lend) John £200. 
  16.  She _________________ (drink) too much coffee yesterday. 
  17.  The children _________________ (sleep) in the car. 
  18.  He _________________ (keep) his promise. 
  19.  I _________________ (choose) the steak for dinner. 
  20.  The film _________________ (begin) late. 
  21.  We _________________ (fly) to Sydney. 
  22.  They _________________ (drive) to Beijing. 
  23.  He _________________ (teach) English at the University. 
  24.  I _________________ (send) you an e-mail earlier. 
  25.  We _________________ (leave) the house at 7 a.m.. 
  26.  He _________________ (feel) terrible after eating the prawns.




Answers


  1.  She brought some chocolates to the party. 
  2.  I heard a new song on the radio. 
  3.  I read three books last week. 
  4.  They spoke French to the waitress. 
  5.  He understood during the class, but now he doesn't understand. 
  6.  I forgot to buy some milk. 
  7.  She had a baby in June. 
  8.  You lost your keys last week. 
  9.  They swam 500m. 
  10.  I gave my mother a CD for Christmas. 
  11.  At the age of 23, she became a doctor. 
  12.  I knew the answer yesterday. 
  13.  He told me that he lived in Toronto. 
  14.  We lent John £200. 
  15.  She drank too much coffee yesterday. 
  16.  The children slept in the car. 
  17.  He kept his promise. 
  18.  I chose the steak for dinner. 
  19.  The film began late. 
  20.  We flew to Sydney. 
  21.  They drove to Beijing. 
  22.  He taught English at the University. 
  23.  I sent you an e-mail earlier. 
  24.  We left the house at 7 a.m.. 
  25.  He felt terrible after eating the prawns. 

Post a Comment